The College of Radiology, Academy of Medicine Malaysia
The Malaysian Radiological Society (MRS) becomes the College of Radiology
Since the inception of the Malaysian Radiological Society, it has held several national and international conferences and meetings. On 23rd August 2001 the MRS joined, en block, the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia and is now known as the College of Radiology, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia.
In 2001, there were about 240 members and as of June 2012, there were 320 members. The MRS has been officially dissolved and all previous functions including new activities and responsibilities are now performed by the College of Radiology, under the umbrella body of the Academy of Medicine.
The College of Radiology members comprises clinical radiologists, clinical oncologists, medical physicists and allied professionals. It is a non-profit professional body and aims to serve patients and society by maximising the value of radiology, clinical oncology, interventional radiology, nuclear medicine, medical physics and other allied health sciences by:
- Improving the quality of patient care with better outcomes, cost-effectiveness and safety
- Advancing the science of radiology/biomedical imaging/clinical oncology/nuclear medicine through adoption of newer proven technologies and treatment modalities
- Positively influencing the socio-economics of the practice of radiology/biomedical imaging/clinical oncology/nuclear medicine
- Facilitating continuing education for radiology/biomedical imaging/clinical oncology/nuclear medicine and allied health professions
- Supporting, facilitating and promoting the conduct of research for the future of radiology/biomedical imaging, nuclear medicine and clinical oncology
- Forging closer relationships with other colleges to form partnerships in post graduate training and research activities
- Advising and assisting the relevant regulatory authorities
- Participating in educational community projects
- Establishing standards and practice guidelines in the use of Information Technology in the related disciplines.